Google maps is extremely helpful in tracking your android device. You can find the current location of your android phone using Google maps location history. However it doesn’t show exact location but you can know the location of your phone. Your Android phone can be anywhere within few meters of location shown on the Google maps. Suppose you lost your Android phone at your home/office and unable to find it. You can use Google maps right away to see its current location on the map. Map will show the location of your phone at home/office and then you can find it easily.
However there are few things which need to be taken care of before you can use Google maps to track Android phone. I am going to list the requirements which are must in order to find your android phone/tablet using Google maps:
- Lost/stolen Android phone must be connected to a Google Account.
- Internet access is must to see the current location.
- Location reporting and history features must be enabled in Google app settings on your device.
The above 3 things ensure that you will be able to locate android phone successfully.
Normally Google Maps location history is used for locating your lost phone and to see the previous locations of your phone. Tracking of android phone can be done by Android Device Manager. Follow the below steps to locate android phone on the map:
- Go to Google Maps Location History Website and login using same Google Account through which you signed in your android phone.
- Click on today’s date or choose the dates from calendar or choose the no. of days which are given by default.
- Click on “Show Timestamps“.
- Now it will show you different locations of your mobile.
- Click on latest timestamp to see the last available location on the map.
- If there are no locations available, Google maps will show you a message like below one:
If the phone is lost at office or home then you can easily search for it using the location available on the map. However if the android phone is stolen then you must report the authorities in order to find it using the above information. It can be really helpful in tracking the phone. In order to track your android phone, you must use Android Device manager.