Mobile applications may it be a game or a utility app are the craze nowadays. We can’t imagine a day without using apps like Facebook, messenger, remainder or an alarm app. Applications basically extend your mobile functionality and push mobiles to their limits, allowing you to use your mobile for far more things that it was made for.
Whether you are switching from iOS to android or are completely new to the smartphone world you may find yourself lost and find it very puzzling and difficult to install apps. In this article we will discuss various methods using which you can easily download android apps. You can follow the below methods to download any app on your Android Tablet as well.
1. Google Play Store
The best and the easiest method to download free or paid android apps is to do it through the android play store. Downloading an app through play store involves following steps:
- In your apps menu look for an app named play store and open it.
- Now if you know the app name you want to download simply enter its name in the search bar and tap on enter to search it.
- Otherwise, if you are just looking for new apps to download then you can switch tabs to look for top apps, editors’ choice or in the category tab select the type of app you want.
- Now browse through the apps and tap the app you want to download.
- Now if it is a free app you will just have the install option on the screen tap it to install the app.
- If the app is paid you will have the option to buy the app tap it then tap on accept payment to install app. Note that accept payment option will only appear if you have already entered your credit card details in you google play account.
- Once the app is installed you can simply open it by tapping on it from the app drawer.
2. From App APKs
Another method to install apps on your android device is through APKs. These are mostly the apps that aren’t available on play store due to its strict policies. But you should make sure that these apps don’t record user data. To install apps from APKs use the following procedure.
- When installing apps using APKs for the very first time you need to enable Unknown sources.
- Go to Settings then to security then swipe down to find the option Unknown sources tick this option. Now you can install apps using their apk.
- You will also need to download a file explorer like ES File Explorer or Astro File Manager from play store.
- Find an app apk online and download it then place it in any folder on you android device.
- Using your file explorer navigate to that folder and open the apk file.
- Swipe through the permissions and tap on install to install the app.
- Open the installed app from your app drawer.
- You can go to this website to download APK’s : www.androidapksfree.com/
3. Play Store Alternatives
You may also install some play store alternatives like
Using the method described above. The procedure to install apps in these app stores is also almost the same as that described for play store. There are many marketplaces to download android apps for free but we have mentioned only important ones which are really popular among users. However make sure you are downloading the app from a trusted developer so that it can run smoothly on you android device.
Here are few more Android Tips that you may want to know: