Transferring your photos from Android phone to computer can be done in many ways. You can transfer photos from Android phone or tablet to your Windows laptop or Macbook. The most simplest way to transfer photos is through the USB cable. Now a days USB cable is given with the most Android phones. Your can transfer your other files and documents from Android phone to your computer.
There are certain softwares and apps which can make this process really easy. Softwares like TunesGo and Android Manager detect your photos, videos, documents and other files separately. You don’t need to search files and folders within your internal storage and SD card. All the photos that you need to transfer will be shown at one place. You can transfer entire library or select desired photos to be transferred from Android phone to PC.
Here are 3 best ways to transfer photos from Android to PC-
Using USB Cable on Windows
On Windows – You can transfer your favorite photos from Android phone to your Windows laptop very easily using the USB cable given with the phone. Follow the steps below to get your photos from phone to computer.
- Connect your Android phone to your PC.
- You will get a notification on your phone. Click on the notification and select “Media Device (MTP)” connection.
- Open “My Computer” or “File Explorer” or go to “This PC”.
- Click on your Android device in the left hand side options. You may need to scroll down if there are too many options.
- You will be able to see “Internal Storage” and “SD Card” option. SD card only if it’s inserted in the phone.
- Normally Camera photos are stored in the Internal storage by default. If you want to transfer camera photos to your PC then click on Internal Storage.
- Click the “DCIM” folder and then click on “Camera” Folder.
- Now you will be able to see all the photos. There is a chance that you may have to open another folder inside the camera folder.
- Select the photos that you want to transfer on to your computer.
- Do copy (CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) on to your hard disk at a desired location on your PC.
- You can also do Cut (CTRL+X) and Paste. Doing Cut will delete photos from your Android phone.
Using USB Cable on Macbook
On Macbook : Transferring photos from your android phone to your macbook is also very easy. You just need to use a small software provided by Google before you use your USB cable to transfer photos. You can download the file transfer software from Google official website. Follow the steps given below to transfer the files.
- Connect your Android phone to your Macbook using USB cable.
- If your macbook doesn’t have a USB port then you have to buy USB-C port to USB 3.0 adapter for this method to work.
- If your android phone is showing notification to select connection type then select Media device (MTP).
- Open a browser on your macbook. Open safari as it’s already available if you don’t have any other.
- Go to Android File Transfer official website.
- Download the Android file transfer software by clicking on the green button in the middle of the page.
- Install the Android file transfer software by double clicking the downloaded file.
- Open Android File Transfer Software. You can find the Android mascot icon in the launchpad. Sometimes newly installed software starts automatically after installation.
- Double click the Internal storage or SD card folder. SD card will only show if you have inserted it.
- Click the DCIM Folder inside the internal storage. Now click the Camera folder.
- Now you will be able to see all the camera clicked photos inside it. Select the photos that you want.
- Copy and paste it to a desired location on your Macbook.
- If photos are stored inside any other folder on your internal storage or SD card then look for it. Once you find it, Simply copy and paste.
Using Google Photos
You can transfer your photos using Google photos to your computer or mac. Follow the steps below to transfer your favorite photos from Android to PC.
- Open Google photos on your Android. Sign in to Google photos if it asks for it.
- Click on 3 horizontal lines at the top left hand corner. A menu will appear.
- Click on settings at the bottom of the menu.
- Click on Back up and Sync.
- You also need to make sure that switch is set to “ON” mode. Switching it ON ensures that Android photos are uploaded to Google photos.
- Open Google Photos Official website on your computer in a browser. Use the same Google credentials that you used on your Android.
- Once you sign in then you will be able to see all the uploaded photos of your android in the Google photos.
- Select the number of photos that you want to download. You can place a checkmark on top left corner on the photos.
- Click on 3 dots in the top right hand corner. A menu will appear.
- Click on Download from the menu. Your photos will be downloaded on the computer. Now you can save them anywhere you want.
There are many apps and softwares available in the market which can transfer your photos from Android to computer but you don’t need to use those softwares. Few of them are paid ones. You can simply transfer photos using the above methods totally free of cost. You don’t need to pay a cent here. The last advice is use a good USB cable. Don’t use a cheap one as cheap ones are not able to transfer data between 2 device and they are only used for charging.
The above methods can be applied for Samsung Android, HTC Android, Moto Android, Nexus Android, Karbonn, Micromax, Lenovo, Redmi, Xiomi, Vivo, Oppo Android etc… If you even lost your android then don’t search for Find my android or locate my android, simply use our guide to locate it immediately before someone else finds out.