Google has made it very easy to track your Android phone or tablet without app. Earlier the same feature was not there but Google updated them later. Now you can see the current location of all of your active android devices. Android phone can be tracked with Android Device Manager. Android device manager also provides many other features which are very helpful if your android phone gets lost or stolen.
Android device manager provides features such as ring your phone, wipe data, lock the phone etc. Android device manager shows you the world map indicating each of your devices location. You can also select particular active device and see its current location. Active devices here indicates devices in which you have signed in with same Google Account. Suppose you have a tablet and an android phone then there will be 2 active devices present in ADM.
Android device manager can be accessed through computer or your phone (another phone) as well.
Below are few step by step process to track your android phone without app:
- Before you can track your Android phone, there are 3 things which is necessary. Phone must be connected to a Google Account, internet must be on and Android Device Manager must be enabled on your device. (ON by default)
- If above things are satisfied then you can login to Android Device Manager to track your phone without app.
- Once you are logged in, you will be able to see all your active android devices. Choose your Android phone from list of active devices.
- Now you will be able to see its current location on the map. If it’s lost or stolen then you can have an idea about its location and it will help you in getting it back.
- Beside this, you can perform 3 additional function on your phone remotely via Android device manager. You can “Ring your phone“, “Lock your phone” and “Erase your phone“. Out of these, Lock and erase options must be enabled on your phone via ADM app settings.
- In case you are unable to find your phone at home or office then you can simply ring it from Android device manager or see its location to have an idea about your phone.
During the process, you can encounter many problems such as no device found or location unavailable. The main reason for such reasons is that either you are signed in with different Google account or internet is not working on the phone at that time. You need to make sure that you must sign in with same Google account on ADM through which you are signed in on your android phone. It will make sure that you are able to locate your android phone. Also check your internet connection that it’s working or not. If it’s working then location unavailable error will not come.
This is the best way to find your android phone without app or via Google account. With Android Device manager, you can find your Samsung Android phone, Motorola G,E,X phones, HTC,Sony,Micromax,Karbonn,nexus and various others Android devices and tablets. However beside this, there are many professional apps such as bitdefender, lookout etc which perform many other important function on your Android phone remotely.