Apple has released the stable version of iOS 12 for almost all the supported devices of Apple such as iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple Watch, Apple TV. If you have any other iOS version running on your devices such as iOS 10/11 and you have not updated it then you should go to settings of your device and update it from there. You can also update through iTunes. You will get all the latest features and faster performance in iOS 12 on your device.
New Features in iOS 12
iOS 12 comes with some great features and performance. We will discuss all the changes that you are going to get in this OS update.
Faster Performance on Older Devices
One of the best things about iOS 12 is that you can update it even on older devices. It’s not just made for higher specs devices such as iPhone XS/XR/X. You can update your iOS on iPhone 5S or even on iPhone 6. Update your iOS to iOS 12 and you will see a better performance on your older device.
Better Time Management Assist
Time management on your iPhone/iPad is very important. We use our devices most of the time. Sometimes we don’t realise that it consumed so much of our time. Specially games and music consume too much of our time on our device.
Keeping this in mind, Apple has introduced SCREEN TIME feature. Screen time gives you an overview of all the activities that you do on your iPhone/iPad. It gives details of apps and how much time you spent of a particular app. You will be amazed to see the results. I was playing PUBG for almost 8 hours a day. It was too much when I saw it in screen time. I controlled myself.
Another great feature of screen time is that you can restrict an app for usage. You can set the time limit for the app for yourself. Suppose you are addicted to PUBG/Whatsapp then you can restrict its usage to 2/3 hours per day only. The iOS 12 will give you a warning and block the app when you exceed the time limit of the app set by you.
Photo Management in iOS 12
You can manage your photos much smartly in iOS 12 as it stores your pics by location, people, memories and moments. You can even search photos using these parameters. It makes photo management a lot easier for people who have thousands of pictures stored in their iPhone/iPad.
Notification Screen Update
iOS 12 has updated notification screen of iPhone/iPad. You get much better notifications according to apps which makes the notification much smarter and shorter. You can easily see your updates app wise. It’s really useful.
Augmented Reality of iOS 12
Augmented reality has been introduced in iOS 12. iPhone/iPad get updated with new app called measure through which you can measure the length between any two points and it can perform many other functions. Even android users have these apps but they are not by default. You have to install them from Google Play store.
iOS 12.1 update has brought group Facetime call. You won’t get this in this update of iOS 12. Yo have to update to the latest version of iOS to get Group Facetime.
Back up your iOS device
You need to backup all the data on your iPhone/iPad before you perform the update of iOS 12. You can easily backup all the data on iCloud or using iTunes on Windows PC/Macbook. If you have iCloud enabled then most of the data is already there. You can backup the remaining data on iCloud. Let’s see how can you backup your data using iTunes on PC/Mac.
- Open up iTunes on computer and check for the latest updates. If any, update iTunes to latest version.
- Connect your iOS device to the computer.
- Tap on Summary in left hand side option.
- You will see “Manually Backup and Restore” option on the right.
- Click on the Backup Now Button.
Download iOS 12 Update from below Direct links
- Download iOS12 for iPhone XS Max
- Download iOS12 for iPhone XS?
- Download iOS12 for iPhone XR
- Download iOS12 for iPhone X
- Download iOS12 for iPhone 8
- Download iOS12 for iPhone 8 Plus
- Download iOS12 for iPhone 7
- Download iOS12 for iPhone 7 Plus
- Download iOS12 for iPhone 6S
- Download iOS12 for iPhone 6S Plus
- Download iOS12 for iPhone 6
- Download iOS12 for iPhone 6 Plus
- Download iOS12 for iPhone SE
- Download iOS12 for iPhone 5S
- Download iOS12 for iPad Pro 10.5″
- Download iOS12 for iPad Pro 12.9″ 1st generation
- Download iOS12 for iPad Pro 12.9″ 2nd generation
- Download iOS12 for iPad Pro 9.7″
- Download iOS12 for iPad 6 9.7″ 2018 model, not pro
- Download iOS12 for iPad 5 9.7″ 2017 model, not pro
- Download iOS12 for iPad Air 2
- Download iOS12 for iPad Air 1
- Download iOS12 for iPad mini 4
- Download iOS12 for iPad mini 3
- Download iOS12 for iPad mini 2
- Download iOS12 for iPod Touch 6th generation
If you are facing any kind of problem in downloading any one of the update above then please comment so that we can check the direct link provided and give you a solution to download the update as soon as possible.